Friday, December 21, 2007

Ipperwash

I have a summer home at Kettle Point/Ipperwash Beach. It is the closest place to heaven on earth.

There is nothing like the feel of sand between my toes as I walk along the shoreline from Kettle Point to Army Camp Road. Along the way people stop and talk, dogs run free while they play along shoreline, kids build sand castles and bury themselves in the silvery sand. The smell of Coppertone and the feel of the heat from the sun on my skin bring all my senses to life.

Ipperwash is a peaceful place, a sanctuary and escape from a crazy capitalistic world. People know you by name. They wave when you drive by, they care. They are a community of souls.

Today I celebrate the return of Ipperwash Provincial Park lands to the Chippewas of Kettle and Stony Point First Nations!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/12/20/ipperwash-ont.html

I'm counting the full moons until I go back and escape from my crazy real life. I'm waiting to taste the pickerel again, have a beer at Wally's, ice cream at the Sunset Grill, one of Norah's butter tarts, bread from Points Preference and oh let's not forget the best fries in world from the chip wagon at Al's.

Most of all I'm waiting to watch the majestic sunset over the Point. That's the memory that carries me through the winter months.

April is my return month, in the meantime Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like they don't need your Q-tipps if it's that good there.