Sunday, July 20, 2008

Take on Me

"I'm afraid sometimes you'll play lonely games too, games you can't win because you'll play against you"...Dr. Seuss

My daughter has issues with the content of some of my blogs. She would rather that I debate or pontificate on philosophical or political matters. I remind her that historically in our family we don’t talk about sex, money or politics and my philosophical view points are very private.

She kids me about writing about dead people; she thinks I should take up writing obits or watching “Sixth Sense” again and getting it out of my system. What she doesn’t appreciate is that I’m facing a milestone birthday at the end of this year and looking back helps me to forward think.

She has challenged me to write a "meaningful" short story this summer, while enjoying the lazy hazy days of summer at our cottage. I’m accepting her challenge. What she has failed to remember is that competitiveness is my driving primal force. So Luna baby take on me. I’ll keep the rest of you posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMWXyEHoN88

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring it on!!!