Sunday, September 28, 2008

Galactable Proportions

I have experienced a rather galactable week. Several of my friends have been going through unique and individual sagas. I can’t even blame the chaos on a full moon as that phenomenon occurred 2 weeks ago.

I can reasonably handle one saga at a time. Trying to support all of them at once is like being stoned to death with popcorn. Add to it the start of a home renovation, critical work deadlines and a teenager who booked herself for too many auditions; the pressure was on. Furthermore, my Paul Newman died.

I fell in love with PN when he played ‘Butch Cassidy’ in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The bicycle scene did it for me. Ever since he started selling his Newman’s Own salad dressing, I’ve kept a bottle on the middle shelf of my fridge beside the coffee cream. Why? He had the best face to welcome the start of a new day.

So, what do you do to relieve the back pressure valve? Well I have a “John Denver” day. I had one tonight. I know that only my friend Deet can appreciate those “John Denver” moments. I can remember her and I driving through the Adirondacks on our way to Martha’s Vineyard in her “baby poop yellow” Benz singing along to Denver’s Rocky Mountain High at the top of our lungs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWU8XWksg_0&feature=related

Tonight I tried to leave on a jet plane but missed the runway. I needed to find higher ground so I looked for the country roads to take me back home again in hopes of finding Grandma’s feather bed and some home grown tomatoes. Instead, I heard the music, saw the pictures and I wouldn’t change a thing. Welcome to my day... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvb-rxmlX2A&feature=related

Rest is Peace Paul Leonard Newman. For me, tomorrow is the start of a new focused week...have a good one.

Popcorn anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for always eating your way out of the popcorn....and I thought you said it was
C-O-O-K-I-E-S!!!

Your love, your wisdom and your support are appreciated more deeply than could ever be truly expressed. You are one in a million!!!!!